The Abrigo da Cascata is located in an authentic territorial context. The Fajãs de São Jorge are distinguished by UNESCO with the denomination of Natural Reserve of the Biosphere. We assumed this commitment as the main principle of the project, regarding the environmental preservation and the development of the local community.
Our passion for the island guarantees our effort for a continuous sustainability.
The resort activities follow these 7 guidelines for Sustainable Development Goals (SDG):
• SDG 3 - Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
• SDG 8 - Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
• SDG 12- Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
• SDG 13 - Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
• SDG 14 - Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
• SDG 15 - Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
• SDG 17- Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
To know the 17 Sustainable Development Goals established by the UN.
Abrigo da Cascata - Lodging with MIOSOTIS Azores logo – level 5
This lodging has a Miosotis Azores logo, eligible by the departments of environment and tourism in the Azorean Regional Government, for it’s good environmental practices.
The criteria used for this environmental evaluation are wastes, water, energy, biodiversity, local valorization, environmental management and information for users/tourists about practices implemented.
Award’s symbol was inspired by the miosotis flower, this particular specie is endemic of the Azores islands, existing in all it’s 9 islands, it’s scientific name is Myosotis maritima and it’s common name is forget-me-not.
In this lodging, waste and electricity spent are registered, if you want to take a look at it please ask for the environmental file in the reception.